Search This Blog

Friday, November 12, 2010

Butare!!

This will be a brief and unrevised post. I've finally gotten to the internet after another week of floundering. It's been a great week, though. We took a field trip into Butare to go to the bank and found one of Rwanda's very few ice cream shops. I think there are only two in the whole country, one of which just happens to be in Butare. Ice cream has never tasted so good. I got a huge bowl of it with chunks of fresh papaya and banana. I will be dreaming about that ice cream for weeks, but man, it was worth it.

We will be going on individual site visits next week. Apparently we are being accompanied part of the way, staying for a week at site, then returning on our own. I'm very excited to do something independently - I love my fellow trainees, but going everywhere with 67 other people gets to be a little much after awhile. I think most of us feel the same way.

My site is the northeastern corner of the southern province. The district is called Kamonyi. I know nothing about it other than the location and that there is apparently a primary school nearby, so there will be children everywhere. I'm excited to learn more and post about it here! For now, that's all. If you have any questions, feel free to post them or email me. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment